Wednesday 8 July 2009

Business of Being at Home

Wow, I really haven’t written anything for ages. The thing is life at home just isn’t as exciting as life on the road. I’ve also been pretty busy. The flat is finally sold and I move out on 13th. It’s amazing how much stuff you accumulate over the years. It piles up in every hidden corner. Every day I cram more furniture, junk and odds and sods into the van.

With the sale is also the purchase of our new place in Godalming, the plan was to move in on the 13th, this has been slightly delayed. First of all by us being a bit slow on some paperwork, then HSBC cocking things up and now the seller is being slow. But hopefully by the end of July Yvette and I will have a lovely new house in Godalming and I promise to put up photos.

In between this I’ve managed to get a bit of climbing in, finally breaking into the E grades with a superb E2 up in the peaks and an E1 in Dartmoor, both great outings on beautifully sculptured rock, accompanied by bomber gear and great weather. It’s nice to see the time on rock paying off.

Other than that, I’ve had a great 5 days surfing and enjoying the beach of Cornwall. Hopefully post again soon.

No comments: