Wednesday 5 March 2008

Refreshed

There is nothing like a good day in Portland to get you back in the climbing mentality. Whilst the rest of England froze, Dan and I chose a cliff in the sun and out of the wind. The result, t-shirts in early March! Combine this with me finally climbing well, and you have great day. We even managed to miss all of the rush hour on the way back! I won’t bore you with what we did, but I did get on my hardest route so far, ‘Hall of Mirrors’ at the grade of 7c, and although I couldn’t quite latch the crux, I was close enough not to be disappointed and certain that with a bit of fitness it will go next time.

The car, a result of the youth of Portland

Away from climbing life has got a bit hectic, my flat now has an offer on it and I have put an offer in on a lovely detached house in Godalming which has been accepted. Unfortunately I am off to Turkey next Thursday, so I’m very busy trying to get as much arranged before I head off and crossing my fingers that nothing too serious happens whilst I’m away.

Here’s hoping my next blog is from a nice, calm and relaxed Jon, on holiday in Antalya Turkey.

No comments: